Friday, January 27, 2012

Trock

So, here I am, sad American girl up at 4:30am, promoing a band that probably doesn't need promoing...But this post is a tad bit more than a promo, it's like...WHY I listen to them...or something. >.< So, here goes.
Lately I've been watching a lot of the videos on YouTube by Nerimon and Charlieissocoollike, which is rather counter productive to what I'm going to say next, but my mother went on a trip today and I needed something to make me feel better. ANYWAY. Something that has been bothering me is that I NEVER ever finish a project or feel like I'm doing enough (Course, I live in the middle of nowhere, but still.) And I see all of these famous people that do wonderful things and rather than be inspired by them, I just get more depressed because it seems that they could only have made it that far because they had great luck or famous contacts or live in areas with a population over 2,000.
But then I watch people on YouTube and see them accomplish such great things and still have time to waste on playing Portal and Zelda and that is actually inspiring! Because it's just this group of British geeks that are around my age and they've created some brilliant music and partake in awesome charity events and make videos and travel everywhere. So, yeah, It just makes me happy that you don't have to be 40 years old or Justin Beiber famous to accomplish your dreams. (cheesy much?)
So there is my very long winded and boring explanation of why I listen to Chameleon Circuit.
They're pretty famous within the Whovian community, but if you haven't heard them, be sure to listen to a few of their songs! You can search on iTunes and hear fair length previews or go to DFTBA.com

Right, brilliant, well...
Don't forget to be awesome!
*nerdfighter sign*

4 comments:

  1. ........YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Words registered: British geeks.
    AWESOME POST, LADY! that's a good way to look at everything. I totally agree. NOT BORING! keep posting, I read zem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, LOVE the owl pic. And all the profile stuff! i would bow before that statue, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Thanks! Isn't it so cute?! :3 Owls are great.
      Bwahaha! "Jayne, you wanna tell me why there's a statue here lookin' at me like I owe him somethin'?"

      Delete
  3. "His eyes follow me wherever i go....."

    ReplyDelete